Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Silent nights and wine.

My parent's just closed their deck, and it's easily becoming one of my favorite spots to relax. I almost feel bad being out here on my computer. Almost.

Tomorrow night is opening night for "Merchant of Venice" at Wichita Center for the Arts. I'm absolutely in love with it. I think the production is great, and everyone is giving a solid performance. Yesterday at our first dress rehearsal I put on my stage makeup for the first time in a year (other gigs, the house has been so small I haven't needed it) and I woke up this morning and my eye was swollen shut. After a friend mentioned that the makeup may have been too old and gross that caused it, I realized what it was. Then this morning I did children's theatre and then off to dress rehearsal for Merchant.


It's kind of weird doing children's theatre in the mornings then Shakespeare at night, how diverse can it get really?

I am constantly taken aback at how great my support system is. People in Merchant have been so kind to me, one of the actors/producers was asking about my future plans and I said I was thinking Chicago and he mentioned how great that was for me, and he was hoping I'd say Chicago and gave me some names to contact when I get there. It's things like that, that really get to me. Most everyone has been nothing but kind to me, and when I still feel a little out of place because I'm not exactly sure how things are run, is the best feeling in the world.

I have finally been able to sit down with the "Monky Business" script, a show I am stepping into mid-run in May. I'm very excited for it, for one, it's at my favorite theatre in Wichita (as of now, in the world) and it's a hilarious show. The cast is great, and I just love everyone there. I miss them like crazy. I'm excited to be stepping in also, I've never done ANYTHING like that before. How it will work is, during the day, I'll go in and get blocking/choreography/song help. Then during the show, I will go and watch and "practice" as much as I can, then I will get one put in rehearsal which means a full on show (lights, sound, costumes, etc..) and then show time. It's kind of crazy but I work best under the pressure. My part is very fun. I get to be the bad guy. I'm never the villain! And I get some pretty great songs.

But for now, I shall retire to bed and try to get everything in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment